Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Notice:

            In September of 2009 I was diagnosed with Stage 4, Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma.  In the spring of 2010, I completed the full cycles of chemotherapy and the cancer was officially declared to be in remission.  Many experts say that after five years without a recurrence one is considered to be “cured”.  In January of this year I was scanned once again and the cancer remains in remission.  Praised be God!  Anticipating this last fall, I decided that I would make a pilgrimage to offer thanks to God for his mercy.  On April 8th, I left for the Holy Land to make this pilgrimage.  How appropriate that I will be there on Divine Mercy Sunday, when we celebrate God’s saving mercy that has come to us through the death and resurrection of His Son, Jesus Christ Our Lord.  There I will walk in the land where Our Savior walked and pray in the holy places, offering thanksgiving to God, especially through the Eucharist.  I will remember all of you there.  Please pray with me during this time as I invoke the maternal protection of Mary, Our Lady of Perpetual Help, for my journey.


O Mother of Perpetual Help,
I invoke your powerful name
which is the safeguard of the living
and the salvation of the dying.
O purest and sweetest Mary,
hear me when I call upon you
for help in all my physical
and spiritual needs.
I offer myself into your hands.
Hold me close to your heart
as you held your Son Jesus,
and ask the angels, Michael and Gabriel
to keep watch over me always
in times of trouble and temptation.
Amen.

I look forward to being with you all again after my return on April 18th.  Pax.

No comments:

Post a Comment