Friday, February 11, 2011

Our Lady's boy

For those who don't know, my good friends Ken and Beth had their third child last December, Leo Michael. I was quite honored when they asked me to be his godfather (my fourth!). Leo was born on December 8, the feast of the Immaculate Conception, when we celebrate that Jesus' mum Mary was conceived without the stain of original sin. Because of my travels in January, Leo has not yet been baptized. Tomorrow, however, is the day! I find it only a little providential that his baptism will happen the day after the feast day of Our Lady of Lourdes (Feb. 11th), which is the day that we celebrate Mary's appearance to St. Bernadette Soubirous in which Mary revealed herself as the "Immaculate Conception." Mary, the Immaculate Conception has this boy covered ;)

Leo's two months old now and he looks great! Check him out...

1 comment: